Sometimes the things we make don’t look amazing, but they taste so goooood! 😋😋😋 To make my generic cookie recipe zero-waste this is what I do
1. Make sure my sugar and flour is bought in bulk in my glass jars.
2. My eggs come from a local to reduce food mileage (or if vegan, I believe you can use 1tbsp flax seed with water... I haven’t tried it yet for cookies).
3. The butter wrapping paper is compostable and reusable! I have seen people reuse the butter paper as baking paper. You just clean them up a bit and keep in a jar or container in the fridge to use later as muffin liners etc.
4. I oil the pan using a light coating of oil, instead of baking paper
5. Store in a Tupperware container and Eat all of them!!
This is literally just a basic butter and sugar cookie recipe that mum had, that her mum had etc etc etc.